Throwing an engagement is a great way to share and celebrate a special time in your life with those that you love. AK PR & Marketing presents these five amazing engagement themed party ideas:
Brunch Party. Consider celebrating your special day by inviting your family, friends and co-workers for brunch. This type of engagement party can be held all year round. From grilled salmon nicoise to red velvet waffles and light cocktails, a brunch engagement party is a classy and simple way to celebrate. Here are the details of the Brunch Engagement Party:
- Dress Code: have guests wear their “Sunday Best”. For a summer brunch engagement party, encourage women to wear sundresses and men to wear a button down shirt. A dress code is a must.
- Food: red velvet waffles, angus skirt steak, grilled salmon nicoise, garden omelet, salmon tarte, and a caesar salad.
- Drinks: sangria, mimosas, bellinis and gin and tonic.
- Entertainment: light jazz or lounge music, a photo booth with props including umbrellas, sunglasses, and picture frames.
- Color theme: consider pastel colors including pink, purple, blue and yellows.
- Location: at home, rent a private room at a restaurant or a banquet hall.
Champagne & Chocolate Party. There is no better way to celebrate the news than to host a champagne and chocolate pairing party. This party would be ideal after dinner. Make sure to have a toast to your engagement! Here are the details of the Champagne and Chocolate Party:
- Dress code: Semi-formal. Guests should definitely dress up for this type of affair.
- Food: champagne and chocolate. Types of chocolate could be: Godiva Chocolatier, Lindt & Sprüngli, Guylian and Ghirardelli. Types of champagne could be: Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Nicolas Feuillatte, G.H. Mumm, and Laurent-Perrier.
- Entertainment: Jazz or classical music. Light background music only.
- Color theme: consider warm colors including maroon, black and gold.
- Location: at home, at a banquet hall, event space or a private room at a restaurant.
Love Is Sweet Themed Party. The name of the party says it it all! This party would consist of anything that is sweet ranging from love music to a variety of desserts. Here are the details for the Love Is Sweet Themed Party:
- Dress code: Stylish/chic.
- Food: Dessert table. This station could include a chocolate fountain, popcorn bar, fudge brownies, red velvet cake, double chocolate cake, cannolis, tiramisu, and chocolate eclairs. Candy Table.This station could include ring pops, Twizzlers, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered raisins, almonds and peanuts, cake pops, lollipops, etc.
- Entertainment: love songs and lite music and a photo booth with props for pictures.
- Drinks: Red and white wine that pair well with chocolate sangria, gin and tonic.
- Color theme: consider only white, reds and pinks.
- Location: banquet hall, event space or private room at a restaurant.
Black Tie Engagement Party. Consider celebrating the news by throwing a traditional black tie engagement party. For this type of party, guests would come in their best attire and arrive early for the cocktail hour. For this type of event, think of the classic movies such as: Sound of Music and My Fair Lady. Here are the details of the Black Tie Engagement Party:
- Dress code: Formal.
- Food: passed hor d’oeuvres three course meal and dessert. Appetizers could include: smoked salmon on cucumbers, steak tarte, vegetable spring rolls and mini crab cakes, First course could include a soup (French onion soup or lobster bisque). Second course could include NY strip steak, filet mignon, chicken marsala, chicken francese, penne vodka, grilled salmon or linguini with clam sauce. Third course could include a choice of desserts including tiramisu, red velvet cake or Crème brûlée.
- Drinks: champagne, red wine and white wine.
- Entertainment: jazz or classical music and dancing. Make sure you and your fiance lead the first slow dance!
- Color schemes: consider choosing colors such as black, white, silver, gold and grey.
- Location: banquet hall or event space only.
All White Engagement Party. All white themed parties are now the latest craze. An all white themed party is simply everything white from the decorations to the dress code! The food, however, is an exception. An all white engagement party is very classy and simple. Here are the details of an all white engagement party:
- Dress code: White (self explanatory), Semi-Formal.
- Food: please see the Black Tie Engagement Party for food ideas.
- Entertainment: Top 40’s and dancing.
- Drinks: white wine and other classic alcoholic beverages.
- Color schemes: white (again, self explanatory!). White decorations could include white flatware, utensils, napkins, tablecloths, table runners, baby breath or white rose centerpieces etc. It is simply up to you to decide!
- Location: banquet hall or event space only.